- - Child Care
- Farmville, VA, USA
- Part Time
- Free Y Membership
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc..
- At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law and YMCA policies.)
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.